Cloetta is committed to protect and respect your privacy. Therefore, you are encouraged to carefully read this policy. If you have any concerns, please contact us as set out below in section 9.
- WHAT IS PERSONAL DATA
- Personal data is all information that directly or indirectly (i.e. together with other information) may identify an individual. This means that a wide range of data, such as names, contact details, IP addresses, and behaviour and choices made online are personal data.
- Data processing is any operation or set of operations performed upon personal data, whether or not by automatic means, such as collection, recording, organisation, storage, adaptation or alteration, blocking, erasure or destruction of personal data.
- HOW DO WE PROCESS YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
- Visitors to our websites and Digital channels
When you visit our websites and Digital channels we may process:
- Information you have volunteered, such as name, date of birth and contact details
- details of your visits to our websites and Digital channels, this may include search terms you use, likes, shares;
- campaign traffic data;
- sales via this website;
- personal information that does not identify you ("Grouped Data"). Grouped Data may include gender, region, household and age;
- technical data, which may include URL information, cookie data, your IP address, the types of devices you are using to access Cloetta websites; and
- To monitor and improve our products and services, e.g. in order to optimize the website and our digital channels, make it more user friendly and for follow up [and statistical purposes, if applicable];
- to measure the performance of an advertising/digital campaign;
- to target and reach audience online;
- to communicate with you, e.g. through our Digital channels, monitor social posts, brand sentiments and newsletters;
- to analyse information for individual profiling in order to offer personalized ads, offers and other customized information; and
- Customers buying our products online
When you are a customer buying our products online we may process:
- Information you have volunteered, such as name, gender, home and/or delivery address, telephone number, e-mail address, data of birth, demographical information, interests, preferences, payment information
- historical order information; and
- product you bought.
- To handle our customer relation e.g. identifying you as a customer; and
- to fulfil the contractual obligations e.g. provide services.
- Subscribers to newsletters or to marketing contests
Consistent with the permission you have given us by opt-in and by consenting to our terms and conditions we may process:
- Name, gender, telephone, address and email address;
- date of birth; and
- depending on the price (value in [SEK]), we may also collect your social security number.
- Direct marketing purposes including providing you with newsletters, offers and promotions on products and services by email, if you have requested such information. You can opt-out from these by clicking a link in each message sent through email (unsubscribe);
- to fulfil contest; and
- to comply with legal obligations, e.g. report contests to the Swedish National Tax Board (Sw: Skatteverket [insert other local authorities/government agencies or national legislation if applicable]).
- When you communicate with us
When you communicate with us we may process:
- Information you have volunteered such as your name, home and/or delivery address, telephone number, e-mail address, data of birth, demographical information, interests, preferences, payment information and case information.
- To fulfil a request from you or respond to your inquiries e.g. to handle customer complaints.
- LEGAL GROUND FOR OUR PROCESSING
Cloetta processes personal data in accordance with applicable personal data protection legislation. Within the EU/EEA, the general data protection regulation ("GDPR") will apply from 25 May 2018.
We will process your personal data when it is necessary to (i) fulfil a request from you or respond to your inquiries (ii) comply with a legal obligation. Your data may also be processed when it is necessary for the purposes of a legitimate interest for Cloetta, inter alia, to market, improving our services. If a certain data process requires your prior consent, we will collect such consent before carrying out the processing in question.
Personal data that we request from you and indicated as mandatory is required to be provided in order for us to provide the service, e.g. for statutory, contractual, administrative or technical reasons.
- HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION?
We will only keep your information for as long as we need it: (i) to provide you with a product/service; (ii) to improve our services; and (iii) for legal and audit purposes. We have routines in place to ensure that personal data is deleted thereafter.
- HOW DO WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION?
- Cloetta may engage third parties for the provision of services to Cloetta, such as provision of IT-systems, services and other activities. Your data may be shared with and processed by such service providers on behalf of Cloetta as required for the provision of the services to Cloetta. Within the use and provision of such services, your personal data may be transferred to countries outside the EU/EEA (third countries). In relation to such third country transfers, certain security measures will be taken in order to protect your data and ensure that the data keeps an adequate level of protection, e.g. by entering into a data transfer agreement including model clauses issued by the EU Commission and available on the EU Commission's website.
- Personal data may be disclosed to a third party if we are required to do so according to applicable laws and regulations or in order to detect and prevent fraud or other security or technical problems.
- Companies which are processing personal data on behalf of Cloetta are obliged to sign an agreement with Cloetta in order to ensure a high level of protection for your personal data.
- INFORMATION SECURITY
We strive to provide a high level of protection in all our personal data processing. We have therefore taken organisational and technical security measures in order to protect your personal data from unauthorised access, use, alteration and erasure.
[If applicable, your password protects your Cloetta account, so you should use a unique and strong password, limit access to your computer and browser, and log out after having signed in to your Cloetta account.]
- What are cookies and how do we use them?
A cookie is a small text file that is placed on your computer, mobile phone, or other device when you visit a website. A cookie enables recognition of your computer and the collection of information on what websites and functions have been visited. It helps maintain your settings when you are navigating a website or return to the same website at a later point.
We use both session cookies (which expire once you close your web browser) and persistent cookies (which stay on your device for a set period of time or until you delete them). We use the following types of cookies for the purposes explained in this chart:
Name Type of cookie, information collected by the cookie and the function of the cookie Retention period Domain name Disclosure of information to third parties Google Analytics These cookies are tools for analyzing visitor behavior on the site in order to enhance user experience and ensure site functionality. Read more about all cookies from Google Analytics. 1 year www.jellybeanfactory.com Google has access to the information collected by the cookie. Google Tag Manager Google Tag Manager is a tag management system that’s allows us to easily add or update tags, such as the cookies described in this cookie statement. Google Tag Manager is sending the data that is being received from the third party cookies to the third party applications where we can use this data for improving your website experience or make the ads more relevant for you. 1 year www.jellybeanfactory.com Google has access to the information collected by the cookie. The cookie from Facebook on our website is a tracking cookie which provides us with data of the user’s online interaction on our website such as purchases that have been made or if you have visited our website after clicking on one of our ads on Facebook. We use these cookies to serve you with advertisements that may be relevant to you and your interests. The information may also be used to regulate the advertisements you receive and measure their effectiveness. www.jellybeanfactory.com Facebook has access to the information collected by the cookie Instagram is the same kind of cookie as Facebook, a tracking cookie which provides us with data of the user’s online interaction on our website such as purchases that have been made or if you have visited our website after clicking on one of our ads on Instagram. This will help us to improve our advertisement and content on Instagram. 1 year Facebook (Instagram) has access to the information collected by the cookie Youtube The cookie of Youtube is a tracking cookie which provides us with data of the user’s online interaction on our website such as purchases that have been made or if you have visited our website after clicking on one of our ads on Youtube. This will help us to improve our advertisement and content on Youtube. 1 year Google (Youtube) has access to the information collected by the cookie Doubleclick Doubleclick’s technology enables us to collect information about the user’s online interaction and record conversions. To this end, Doubleclick may also use information of other parties to optimize ads. With Doubleclick technology we are not only able to customize ads, but additionally prevent repetitive ads. The cookies from Doubleclick can be used for different kind of advertisement channels such as, Google Adwords, Youtube and Display. For a more extensive explanation about how Doubleclick uses your (personal) data, please visit their privacy statement. 1 year Google (Doubleclick) has access to the information collected by the cookie Mailchimp Mailchimp is our marketing automation tool where we are sending our newsletters from. The cookie from Mailchimp is also a tracking cookie which is gathering data of our website visitors behaviour such as how many pages do they look at, how long are they on the website, counting the purchases etc. This will give [brand name] a better insight in what content is relevant for our newsletter subscribers and how to improve this content to make it more relevant. 1 year Mailchimp has access to the information collected by the cookie Optimizely Optimizely is our A/B testing tool for our website. We use Optimizely to test different elements on our website to improve the User Experience for our visitors. Optimizely tells [brand name] which element is performing better (version A or B) based on clicks, conversions etc. 1 year Optimizely has access to the information collected by the cookie Magento Magento is our e-commerce platform where this website is built on. The Magento cookie is a functional cookie which is necessary for a good performing website. Magento is storing all different kind of information about the visitor’s behaviour on our website such as purchases, account information (username, email address, name, age) etc. All this information is used to make it possible for our visitors to buy and order our products. 1 year www.jellybeanfactory.com Magento has access to the information collected by the cookie Social media buttons Our website features social media buttons. These buttons are used by the providers of these services to collect your personal data. For example, the Facebook Like button is hosted by Facebook and your browser sends the cookie data to Facebook. We have no access to this information and Facebook does not share the information with us. For more information, please visit Facebook’s privacy statement. www.jellybeanfactory.com Facebook has access to the information collected by the cookie
When you visit a website, you have the right to receive certain information such as how cookies are used.
- Processing of personal data
Some of our cookies collect personal data, e.g., Facebook as mentioned in the chart above. In case you have signed up to receive our newsletters, we will be able to use the information for the purpose of creating a more personalized online experience for you, e.g. to provide marketing material that is relevant for you.
In case you have not signed up to receive newsletters, the data collected by the cookies will only be used for statistical purposes and to improve our website and we will not be able to identify you through that data.
For more information about how we use your personal data and for information regarding your rights, please see section 2 above.
- Cookies placed by third parties
The website may contain content and sharing tools embedded from various social networks, such as Facebook. These suppliers may use and place cookies on our website. We do not have access to, and cannot control, these cookies or the personal data and information that they may collect.
You therefore need to check the websites of these suppliers to get further information on how they manage cookies and what information their cookies collect.
- Manage your cookies and other preferences
- YOUR RIGHTS UNDER APPLICABLE DATA PROTECTION LEGISLATION
According to applicable data protection legislation, you are entitled to certain rights. If you want to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at the address specified in section 9 below.
As specified in applicable data protection legislation, you have the right to:
- Request access to and rectification of the personal data we process in relation to you;
- request erasure of your personal data;
- request that we restrict the processing of your personal data;
- object to the processing of your personal data and, in respect of processing based on your consent, to withdraw your consent at any time; and
- receive personal data about you that you have provided to us.
- CONTACT INFORMATION
The entity listed as the responsible entity for the digital channel in question is the data controller for personal data processed in relation to that digital channel. Where applicable, other legal entities within the Cloetta group may furthermore be data controllers for personal data processing in accordance with the terms of the respective service or function. If you have any questions regarding the processing of your personal data or want to exercise any of your rights under applicable data protection regulation, you may reach out to us via the following contact details.
Cloetta AB (publ)
Address: Englundavägen 7D, 171 41 Solna, Sweden
- UPDATES TO THE POLICY